Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Scale lot of curves in sketch

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I don't have software to manipulate DWG or DXF file, apart NX.

So I imported a DWG file into NX as drawing file. I need to scale the sketch curves 5:1. I start the command, but NX hang.

Thank you...

Using NX1876
RuleDesigner PDM

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Scale lot of curves in sketch

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @cubalibre00 ,

I tried to scale sketch curves using 'scale curve' command. There are more than 11000 entities present in sketch. 

I believe NX is taking considerable amount of time to process these entities.

Thanks,

Amol

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @AmolKadam ,

with DraftSight or AutoCAD the process is immediate. Do you have a suggestion for NX option, disabling something, to improve the solution of the command? 

Thank you...

Using NX1876
RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Phenom

Hi @cubalibre00 ,

Unfortunately I don't know how to improve it.

Thanks,

Amol

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure about NX 1859 (I don't have it installed on this computer), but NX used to just import DXF/DWG as dumb curves. If that is still the case, I'd suggest performing an unassociative scale operation on the curves while they are still in this "dumb" state. If you need them in a sketch, create the sketch after scaling them. Otherwise, NX is trying to apply and solve a lot of constraints when it really doesn't need to.

Siemens Phenom

@cubalibre00 , I tried Scale command from Insert -> Derived Curves -> Scale. Use Command Finder to get it. Its dialog is a bit different from Scale Curve of Sketch but operation is much fast.

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @cowski1 ,

this is what I've done, but NX hangs on lot of curves.

Thank you...

Using NX1876
RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Phenom

When we import dwg files, my rule is to not scale more than ~100 000 at a time, else the RAM will be choked.
( when there are more objects than 100' i repeat the scaling several times making sure i select not much more than 100'.)
But, i use the good old Edit -transform -scale and i would not add any of these curves to a sketch unless i have to....

in this file, i exported the drawing as CGM , Application Modeling, Import the cgm file. ( to get rid of the sketch.)
delete the drawing from the part.
Edit- transform- scale , 0;0;0 , scale factor =5 , OK , Cancel.
51842 objects, the scaling takes maybe 5-6 seconds.

The file attached.

Regards,
Tomas