Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching Text Within Many NX Files

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have a question that I’m struggling to find a solution.  We have thousands of NX CAD models, drawings and assemblies.  I’m looking for a solution that would allow a query for text that would search within all our NX files for that particular text.  For example, if we have s specific material specification “049123” called on a drawing, I would like to have the ability to perform a search of the text string “049123” and have a report/response telling me all the files found containing that text string.  I’m open to any solution.  Feature within NX9 we aren’t aware of?  An added module we could purchase for NX9 that would provide that functionality?  A third party software that would provide a solution?  Any help in directing me towards a solution would be great!  Thanks.

David Welker, ZF TRW Global Commercial Steering Systems
2 REPLIES

Re: Searching Text Within Many NX Files

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi David,

Perhaps it might be possible with some NXOpen or KF...I will let you know on monday.

Best Regards

Kapil

Re: Searching Text Within Many NX Files

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

There was just a thread here on replacing text with other text:

Replace Text parts of Notes

That can be expanded (be aware the journal pointed to only finds text in NOTES, not in labels, appended text, or tabular notes, or if you use them, attributes or string expressions).

Note also there is the Siemens "solutions" database that has many API examples:

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/adv_search.php

But you'll probably have to put it all together yourself.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled