Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section line in the blank space

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I have section lines in the blank space of the drawing (not on the part geometry) to create side views, but when the model is updated, say the size of the cone in the picture is increased, the section line stays where it is and creates a section cut (because it intersects with the updated geometry) whereas i want it to keep its' distance to the closest edge of the model as it was.

Is there a way to ensure this?

6 REPLIES

Re: Section line in the blank space

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

For NX8.5 i guess we need a reference (should be associative also) point (where you need to place your section hinge line). Then you can put your section on that line and as the geometry chnages and the point also gets relocated your section line will automatically change as desired.

Regards

Kapil

Creator
Creator
Thank you Kapil. Then how will I ensure the distance of this point from the model view? Will this point be generated on the assembly model file and brought to the drawing as a view? Or in the expand part of the relevant view?

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I am attaching the image below. (i created a line in the model) and then used it for placing section line.

When i change the model (cylinder in this case) dimension the line also push out and so the section ...draw_1.jpg

Regards

Kapil

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Why would you want to create a "section" view when you are not actually cutting the part?

Why not just create a projected view?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Phenom

I was wondering the same thing...

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Creator
Creator
The view may not always be at the projected direction, but somewhere else on the sheet, or on some other sheet of the drawing. Then defining viewing direction is needed.

Actually I could have also found other ways to define things if I was the creator of these drawings, but I am just trying to automate an already created drawing, so I don't have the power to change its' content for the time being.