Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Select Modified Components within Assembly Navigator

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know of a way to select only the modified components within the assembly navigator in order to check out those specific components and save them?

Filtering the navigator, searching, check-mate runs, HD3D visual reporting, etc...

Thanks!

8 REPLIES

Re: Select Modified Components within Assembly Navigator

Are you working in a teamcenter environment? If not, just press the save button (with the assembly as the work part); the assembly and any modified components (that you have write access to) will be saved. I think it can work similarly in TC depending on the TC options.

Yeah, it's in the Teamcenter environment and the components have to be checked out manually before they can be saved. At the moment I select the entire assembly navigator and just press Check out all. The items that fail to check out typically don't matter. I then save and check everything else back in.

The problem with this is it takes forever to select the entire assembly navigator especially when there are over 5000 parts.

So I'm hoping there is a way to sort, find, and, select the modified components so I can do the check out on those items specifically then when I save only those items will be affected.

You can turn on and then sort by the "modified" column in the assembly navigator. But my assemblies are fairly small and flat; I'm not sure how well it will work with large, deeply nested assemblies.

Unforunately, there are too many levels so they don't get sorted into a compact area. I wish there was a way to disable to BOM level tree column to remove the tree structure to sort it across a flat structure even if it's only

for that moment.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Corey1776
‎09-15-2016 09:48 AM

Try following:

in the assembly navigator, place the mouse cursor over the column header "Modified". Press right mouse button and find "Report this column". The Visual Reporting UI appears and you get two groups as a result: Modified=false nad Modified=true. Press right mouse button again and select "select associated objects". This should highlight all modified components, independent of the structure.

Now switch back to the assembly navigator, and place the cursor overone of the modified and highlighted components. Right mouse button and check out.

Corey, this may open a bigger can of worms, but why is automatic check out on modified not turned on in your enviorment? If this was turned on, any part you change or attempt to change would automatically be checked out to you, if possible. With this turned off, in theory two people can be changing the part and the same time and the first checkout wins. 

Scott

Johannes, Thank you that worked perfectly!

Hi Scott,
We over 200 people working within the same environment, so it was decided to make the check out a conscious decision so that folks weren't modifying items that were not their responsibility. About a year ago we did have it set to auto but the problem was relying on folks to never use the save all and modifying things they shouldn't be modifying. Unfortunately, that happens quite a bit with no intent to actually save especially when working in very large assemblies with over 10,000 items. It's a huge can of worms so manual check out was the solution for us.
Thanks,
Corey