Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select NX version default for Teamcenter

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We have installed NX12 but still coexist with NX11. In windows environment when opening a prt file it launch NX12 but in TC in launch NX11. How we can change the default NX for Teamcenter? Thanks.

19 REPLIES

Re: Select NX version default for Teamcenter

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Change the start_nxmanager.bat file.

The line that starts up NX has the internal number of NX listed,

start "Teamcenter Integration for NX" /B %UGII_ROOT_DIR%\ugs_router -message="Starting NX for %TC_NX_LOC%" -ugm -enable_cancel -version=V29.0 %*

This is for NX11, I guess NX12 will be V30.0

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It sounds to me like TC is not aware that NX has been updated. Teamcenter has to be made aware of NX 12 and where it is installed to start it. I am not sure how your Teamcenter is intalled, so I can not give you details on what to do, but the Teamcenter admistrator should be able to make TC aware of NX 12.

Scott

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you @tzgnhh it worked!

@ScottFelberI updated NX and TC myself with help from our retailer. I probably did something wrong.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Javiduc -

Do you share your TC database with others?

If so, (unless you are VERY careful) you will have upgrade everyone at the same time.

All it needs is for one bolt (that is used everywhere) to be saved in the new version....

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your advise. Yes we are a small company, I upgraded all computers and the server in the same day.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

@Javiduc, you must be using a version of Teamcenter older than Tc11.

The start_nxmanager.bat file changed in Tc11 to:

start "Teamcenter Integration for NX" /B "%UGII_ROOT_DIR%\ugs_router" -ugm -enable_cancel -version=%VERSION% %*

The version is read earlier in the script using the env_print command.  Therefore, the only requirement in Tc11 going forward is to change the path for UGII_BASE_DIR in the same bat file:

set UGII_BASE_DIR=C:\app\CAD\NX11.0

Just thought I'd mention this should anyone reference this thread at a later date.

Regards, Ben

Highlighted

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the tip, we will be moving to TC11 soon and I was unaware of this, we also use NX_custom to start up so I will need to see how this all ties together.

Incidentally, I currently use env_print to check the user has the correct version of NX installed and message the user from the start command if they are not on the correct version.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have been receiving some errors SOA client related in my computer but the version change worked fine in a workmate computer. Another difference is that for him when doubleclicking in windows, his computer opens NX12, but for me when double clicking in windows NX11 opens.

We are using TC11.4 so I tried Ben method but it returns that NX versioun should start by "V".

I also tried copying my workmate .bat file but then it creates an error showing that UGII_BASE_DIR must be set. In both cases, my workmate and me, there is a environment variable pointing to NX12.0

I guess I may try using NX12 as default version in windows but I dont know how to change it.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @Javiduc,

Since we change a lot of versions testing issue for customers, I use 2 ways to change the version being used.

1) the quick and dirty way to change the V29.0 to V30.0 Or any version you prefer. But alsthough this works in 99% of the cases. You might run into issues like, "ugs_router" window to stay open when NX is started with teh "wrong" version. And with wrong version I mean another version than it was configured with the first time.

2) Use the TEM, to uninstall the NX rich client integration. Takes just a few seconds. Close the TEM, and run it again, and install it again, pointing to the new install location. Again takes only a few seconds.

2018.03.12_10h48m01s_005_.png

This way all should just work fine, and is the most fail safe way.

One remark, if you have changed your "start_nxmanager.bat" please create a back first, as the file is deleted and recreated this way.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software