Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Select NX version default for Teamcenter

Genius
Genius

Thank you Dennnis, The reinstallation of the NX integration pointing to NX 12 makes the double click works fine.

Anyway, I have started to recibe a lot of SOA errors when saving (in the two computers I have tested), so I have un/installed again pointing to NX11and the problem with SOA is solved. There is a second patch for TC11.4 for downloading I havent installed yet so I will wait to spare time to update server and the rest of computers and I will try again.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @Javiduc,

Be sure you have the right version installed for the combintion TC/NX.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12.0.1/release_notes#uid:index_xid920445:id1264341

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Genius
Genius

I have updated TC11.4 to patch 3, it have solved some other TC problems not related with this topic.

About TC/NX integration, for one computer I have reintalled everthig OS included. Now it works perfectly.

In other computer I have a strange problem. When double clicking a prt file in TC NX12 opens and display the part, but one NX is opened if double clicking, NX came to the screen but no the file is not opened. How can I solve it?

I have tryied but uninstalling NX11 and 12 and reinstalling NX12. Afterthat I have unninstalled TC and installed again with no success.

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Javiduc,

Were both installations using the same language?

We have a Problem Report (PR) still being investigated (PR 9099549) which reports similar behavior to what you have described (nothing happens when 2nd dataset is double-clicked).  This could only be reproduced with UTF-8 (non-English) data.  It appears that a workaround might be to select the Start/Open in NX icon.

Consider opening an Incident Report with your local GTAC office and have them compare your NX and Tc logs with those already submitted with the PR to see if you are experiencing the same issue.  They can then have you notified when the issue is fixed, otherwise they can open a new PR for you.

Regards, Ben

Genius
Genius

Hello Ben,

I installed the programs and OS in spanish. I have tested changing language but the behavior doesnt change, I guess changing language only change visualized text. Opening NX is not a problem, it can be done by the NX icon or by doubleclicking the dataset, just the second dataset wont be opened. In other computer with a new installation (OS, TC and NX) it is worked fine with the same languages (spanish).

I will try in other computer and send all information to support.

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Did you copy the soa xml files from c:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 12.0\UGMANAGER to the TC server? If not, that will give plenty of SOA errors

Genius
Genius

No, I didnt. That must be the reason. Where in TC server should I paste it? Is there other modification in the server I should do? Thank you @tzgnhh

Siemens Creator

Take a look at the image attached, this is from something I made last year for someone else

Highlighted

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

This should no longer be needed. Already for quite some time. I believe NX 8.0 was the last version where you needed to do this manually. So I doubt this is the cause of your issue.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Siemens Creator

Well thats news to me, I better strike this off my update list for NX12. It also means I can bring my testing of NX12 forwards as well as don't need to wait for the people that have access to the buttons to press them haha