Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seperate Revision ID into two

Builder
Builder

So we used NX integration with Teamcenter. For now, I wish to update the titleblock of a drawing. We have two separate fields to document revision of a drawing and baseline ID. 

As I mapped rev ID out of Teamcenter, they are combined...Our naming rule is 001 as revision ID, naming rule for baseline is starting from 0001. So a baselind drawing will be like XXXXXXXX/001.0001. A unreleased one will be XXXXXXX/001. Rev ID I mapped out is 001.0001 as combined. 

Now in NX, I wish to separate it. In catia, I am able to create a new parameter and add a formula to extrac the first 3 digits, the another paramenter to extrac last 4. 

I am really new in NX. Is there any functions features of NX can I do the same as in CATIA : separate an attribute into two different ones. Thanks in advance!!23.png

4 REPLIES

Re: Seperate Revision ID into two

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

You can use string expressions to do this

- string expression to extract attribute into an expression

- other expressions to extract data

Then point the titleblock to the expressions, rather than the attributes

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @will1,

Maybe something like this?

Screenshot - 6_4_2018 , 11_25_41 AM.png

Regards, Ben

Builder
Builder

Hello Ben,

That is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for the Formula columns. In order to put them on the drawing sheet. Do you know I shall link the expression directly to the note or create customized attributes that link to expression, then link these attributes to the note? I was evaluating which is the best way, the pros and cons. Currently I assume they are the same.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @will1,

The way I see it, each time you make another reference to an object you risk the potential of that reference requiring a forced update.  Personally, I would reference the expression directly.

Regards, Ben