Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set a new configuration for Import Part

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi,

I'm working on NX Drafting and when I'm importing a part I need that the option for Layer automatically sets to Original:

unnamed.png

How can I set this? I've searched on the Customer Defaults and on the Drafting Preferences but haven't found the correct option.

3 REPLIES

Re: Set a new configuration for Import Part

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

You should NOT be using the import -> part command to make a drawing of a part; this will create an independent copy of the geometry in your drafting part. Instead, the recommended practice is to add the model as a component in your drawing file (assemblies -> component -> add component), then switch to the drafting application to create and detail views of the part. By adding a component, you are referencing the model but not copying it. When the model gets updated, the drawing will update to reflect the changes.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @gic_nx,

Use master model approach as @cowski1 mentioned already. After adding the component/assembly to the drawing part, you can check the layer option under the component properties. By default it will show the

'Original Layer'.asmlayer.png

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Thank you both, I tried this but when I go to the Component Properties the default that is set to Layer Option is "No Change (Mixed)"

why is this?

thanks