cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting for image display improvement

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello, Is there a setting or something that can be done to improve the poor quality that I have when viewing an assembly?  I have a sheet metal assembly with components added to the opposite (hidden) side of a sheet metal part.  Even though the components are on the other side, the edges of the components are visible.  The screenshot shows these edges that are visible.  This is a pain for when I want to do a screenshot of the assembly, but the edges are visible.  If I zoom in enough, the edges disappear, but that's not convenient for when trying to do a screenshot of a whole assembly.  I haven't encountered this situation from working with other CAD softwares, so not sure what is the fix.  A recommended setting change or another NX work around would be helpful.  Thanks

poor quality display.GIF

4 REPLIES

Re: Setting for image display improvement

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Menu -> Preferences -> Visualization -> Visual (TAB), Session Settings: Un-Check "Edge Emphasis"

2017-11-09_9-02-43.png

Anthony Galante - Senior Support Engineer - PhoenxPLM (Australia & New Zealand Siemens Solutions Partner)
http://www.phoenxplm.com.au/email/2014_signature/signature_videoCenter.jpg

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
That's exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I turned off the edge emphasis and it cleared up the visibility of the components that are on the other side of the sheet metal part, so that is good.  Unfortunately, when I turned off the edge emphasis, it also removed the text that I had on my labels. 

Is there something else that I can change so that I can have the right visibility (or invisibility) of parts that shouldn't be visible but also see the text on labels?  Thanks

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I'm guessing that your 'text on labels' is text subtracted or united onto the models?

If that's the case the only option I can think of is to make them deeper or more pronounced so they get displayed.

Anthony Galante - Senior Support Engineer - PhoenxPLM (Australia & New Zealand Siemens Solutions Partner)
http://www.phoenxplm.com.au/email/2014_signature/signature_videoCenter.jpg