Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal: Cannot create Flange

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all,

I have a strange behaviour when creating a flange on a sheet metal part. When I create the part (File -> New), I can add the required flanges, all good so far. After a while (after inserting it in an assembly, opening other parts), when I reopen the same part to add a flange, the feature dialog freezes without any output (attached photo). Am I doing anything wrong?

Thank you in advance.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Sheet Metal: Cannot create Flange

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @zenon ,

The dialog shows that the values are entered but no edge is selected. Are you not bale to select any edge?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello @GaneshKadole ,

Thank you for your reply. Please find attached a photo with selected edge.

Siemens Phenom

Hi @zenon ,

I don't believe you are doing anything wrong however it is pretty difficult to try and understand the issue from an image.  I would recommend contacting GTAC with your part files and log file for initial consultation.

It would also help to know what version you are using (at least NX12 from the image) and also if you're using a customised material standard file?

Dave

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi @Dave_Walker ,

I figured the issue. When starting a new part (sheet metal) in the new NX, the thickness is set at default values. So when I try to select a new thickness (from sheet metal preferences) and change the "Type" in the tab "Part Properties", from "value entry" to "material selection" and then select the desired entry, the flange feature is no longer responding. If you revert it back to "value entry" from "material selection", it works again.

I use a customized material standard file, but this is happening to the default material standard file as well.

Could you please check if this is repeated at your side?

Thank you in advance.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @zenon@Dave_Walker 

I get the same results in NX 1847.  It works in NX 11.0.2 and NX 12.0.2

@zenon, can you open an IR with GTAC (or contact your VAR) to report the problem?

Thanks, Ben

Siemens Phenom

Hi @BenBroad , @zenon 

Thanks for confirmiing this is the 'new' NX Smiley Happy

This is a known issue (PR8404532) in the NX1847 series and is scheduled to be fixed in the first 'update' for the series.  So you should see a solution in the first automatic update in our continuous release series.

Dave

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

I verified that it's fixed in NX 1851 which should be available by the end of this week (Feb 15).  In the meantime, it looks like you can either set the 'Type' back to 'Value Entry' having selected and applied a material (which seems to keep the material properties), or use 'Advanced Flange', which does not appear to be affected by this issue.

Regards, Ben

Siemens Phenom

Thaks a lot @BenBroad , I wasn't sure if it was available yet.  Kudos to continuous release!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi @BenBroad @Dave_Walker ,

Thank you very much for the info. I am looking forward for the next release.