Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet and zone call out in square box after label

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I have my name lable for sections cuts set to sheet and zone and now I am trying to get the two zone box created in the customized view label and I can not figure out for the life of me how to do this.  The pic below shows what I would like the labels to look like auto qwhen i create the section.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Sheet and zone call out in square box after label

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor
As no one has answered yet I'll take a stab at this... I'm curious to know how you created your text with the box around it.

I created a similar sheet and zone label using the Note editor and placed Basic Curves around the text to create the box. I then selected the notes and the curves to create a Custom Symbol and made the Sheet and Zone annotations "arbitrary" text fields.
I was then able to create a Customized View Label, insert the newly created Custom Symbol to the existing label's syntax. Once inserted you can edit the Custom Symbol's text fields and use the Relationships "Insert Sheet Zone" to populate the arbitrary text fields. Phew.
The only problem I can see with this is that the box won't extend with the text. I originally tried using the GDT syntax (<&70><+>, etc) but this doesn't align the box very well. Anyone else got any thoughts?

Ben

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

"Anyone else got any thoughts?"

A 2 row, single column tabular note. Edit the annotation origin to associate the tabular note to the view label.

But you can't embed that in a Customized View Label right?

Experimenter
Experimenter

I just used the Balloon icon changed the type to divided square and entered data in top and bottom.  I was looking to see how it created that square and insert that into the custom label area but i can not figure how to create that square.

Unfortunately you won't be able to insert an ID symbol, or get to the syntax that NX uses to create it. If you want to use the Customize View Label functionality the closest you can get is creating your own "Custom Symbol", or as I mentioned above, using special control characters that the GDT uses. An ER has already submitted requesting the ability to add ID symbols to a Note: ER 6269893.

Regards, Ben

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

"But you can't embed that in a Customized View Label right?"

No, unfortunately, NX does not offer that functionality. This would be a manual work-around.