Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal flat pattern

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi collegues! I don't have access to Sheet metal forum so I'm using this forum if it is not forbidden:

On pic bellow: how to make total flat pattern (rectangle) from this sheet? I only can get half unbended from last bending 

19 REPLIES

Re: Sheet metal flat pattern

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

can you share your part file if possible!!

Gears Legend Gears Legend
Gears Legend

The sheet metal material thickness needs to be constant to be a valid sheet metal model.

I think your model is not valid because of this.

You might want to try to split the body;

convert to sheet metal;

flatten each portion of the design.

It won't be elegant with the standard sheet metal functionality.

Huysmans Metalen n.v.
2x NX 11.0.2.7 Mach Designer
on Win7 64bit
NX Beta Tester with focus on Sheet Metal
Command Finder is your friend

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
Frank is correct, this is not a 'sheet' metal part. If you open this part in sheet metal and try Convert to Sheet Metal command, you will see it marks some bends as permanent deforms (depending on where you select the base face)

Siemens Legend

@IloveAudi86 wrote:

I don't have access to Sheet metal forum so I'm using this forum if it is not forbidden:

I'm not sure why that is, it should be available to all that have a webkey.  Maybe you could raise an issue with the forum moderators?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

That is a limited access group, for whatever reason.  Go to that forum page, and there should be a "Join group" button, near top left.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Pioneer
Pioneer

Mr. karthink6

I've attached it on step file form. I don't know why but it won't send it as NX part form. Also I am giving you a pic of history list.

And  thank you

Pioneer
Pioneer

Mr. karthink6

I've attached it on step file form. I don't know why but it won't send it as NX part form. Also I am giving you a pic of history list.

And  thank you

Siemens Legend

@IloveAudi86 wrote:

Mr. karthink6

And  thank you

Part files should be compressed and sent as .7z or .zip files to be acceepted.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Frank

Do you want to say that the cross section of my profile should be a square or circle for getting proper part of construction? 

I saw many part in praxis and working where that rule is excluded, and this steel I want to bend (0361 old designation) allows that bending. I am just trying to make good drawing for bending with a distance of bending lines and if you have some material for it (published tutorial or drawing) please share with me. You can send it on: goranvkg@gmail.com

thank for your time