Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift + Left Click Deselect not working

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

When trying to 'project curves' in a sketch, sometimes I will select the wrong edge, and will use shift+left click to deselect just the wrong edge.  Ever since yesterday, when I try to do that, it deselects every edge.  Any idea what's going on?  Did I accidentally change a setting somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Emily

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Shift + Left Click Deselect not working

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Dobie017 

I suspect you're deselecting the "Intent" rather than the "curve".  If you selected several curves at once based on your curve Selection Rule, such as Feature Curves, or Connected Curves, rather than Single Curve then the intent will be deselected before the curve belonging to the intent.  To prevent this from happening, hold down your left mouse button during your deselection process and you'll get a Quick Pick dialog appear which will include both the "Intent" option and the "Curve" in the list of objects - here you can select the individual curve to remove it from the selection.

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer

That was it exactly.  Thanks for your help!  I haven't run into that before, so I must have just accidentally selected it out of the drop down without realizing it. 

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom
@Dobie017,

It's also could be related to NX11 still having issues not remembering all settings (dialog memory of all types of commands/sub-menus) for whatever reason. I would make note of if this sticks for you, if possible.

Whenever I dynamically manipulate the WCS and try to define a WCS axis direction via the Two Point method, each point is always set to Intersection, regardless of what I change it to. Very distracting at times. I've seen the same lack of staying power for Intersection Point Selection Intent. Mine will default to Connected Curves all of a sudden, knowing I've set it to Single Curve in previous sessions. Resetting any dialogs has zero permanent effect and I can't count how many times my dialog memory has been deleted without effect either.
Tim
NX 11.0.2.7 MP11 Rev. A
GM TcE v11.2.3.1
GM GPDL v11-A.3.6