Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Ship Design

Dear Any body,

I need information

Is there any special installer for ship design?

Thank you in advance

regards,

Dadang

8 REPLIES

Re: Ship Design

Hi,

I presume you are asking about Steel Structure design (Basic Steel/Detail Steel/Manufacturing Steel).

No you do not need to install anything extra ...but in managed mode you need to import the Ship Library inside TC (the installer is given in the NXSHIP/Installation Tool folder). Hope it helps.

Regards

Kapil

sorry i wanted to say "Ship Structure" rather than steel strcutures.

Regards

Kapil

Hi Kapil,

Thanks for your quick respond

btw, How can I get the Ship Library ?

Regards,

Dadang

Hi,

The ship library is already there in your NX install. TC will just import these parts and spreadsheets inside using the native files.

Regards

Kapil

Hi Kapil,

I read the installer guide in the Installation Tool folder, we have to use NX 8.5 version,

Can we use NX 10 Version since I already have NX 10?

How about the TC what version I should install for compatible with NX10?

Thank you

Regards,

Dadang

Hi,

I am not sure about the compatibility matrix of TC with NX10 but i assume you might be requiring TC10 at least (experts can elucidate on the same)

Personally i am using TC10.1.1.1 with NX10 ...

One caution:- Please be sure to decide on the NX version before importing the library inside TC...NX8.5 library is poles apart from the NX10 ship library (i will recommend using NX10 library for more robust experience).

Regards

Kapil

Hi Kapil,

Thank you for your strong support

Regards,

Dadang

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author dw89mk
‎12-08-2016 05:16 AM

I am not sure about the compatibility matrix of TC with NX10 but i assume you might be requiring TC10 at least

The following link is to the compatibility matrix from the NX11 Release Notes (online documentation).  It covers NX versions 8.5 through 11 and Teamcenter versions 8.3 through 11.2:

Product compatibility - supported version combinations

Regards, Ben