Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut to Copy Part Name - Open Drafting Sheet in Window Button?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way of adding a shortcut to the right-click options to copy the part name of the part selected, whilst in an assembly, to the clipboard? (see attached file)

Also, is there any way to quickly go from looking at a component in an assembly, to open that component's drafting sheet without having to search for it an then open it? It would be useful if there was a 'Open in Window' button for the drafting sheets, i.e. a 'Open Drawing in Window' button.

Many thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Shortcut to Copy Part Name - Open Drafting Sheet in Window Button?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @JL95 

Is there a way of adding a shortcut to the right-click options to copy the part name of the part selected, whilst in an assembly, to the clipboard? (see attached file)

No.

Depending upon how often it will be needed, I would use 'Export to Browser' or 'Export to Spreadsheet' (Menu > Tools > Assembly Navigator or Just MB3 in whitespace area of assembly navigator).

Also, is there any way to quickly go from looking at a component in an assembly, to open that component's drafting sheet without having to search for it an then open it? It would be useful if there was a 'Open in Window' button for the drafting sheets, i.e. a 'Open Drawing in Window' button.

Is it for native or managed NX? As currently there is no option available, but there are several ER's (for managed NX) in review requesting such functionality.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for your quick reply! Okay, I'll be using Export to Browser/Spreadsheet from now on.

It's for managed NX; I would find it useful rather than having to search for the drawing each time.

Thanks.

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Hi @JL95 

Does the following help?

(view in My Videos)

Regards, Ben

Highlighted

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Someone posted a journal here that will open the specifications of selected components. It might need some tweaks to get it working with your naming convention.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@cowski1 wrote:

Someone posted a journal here that will open the specifications of selected components. It might need some tweaks to get it working with your naming convention.

Our users were very thankful for that journal...as was I, since I no longer get that question, LOL.

-Dave
NX 11 testing NX1847+ | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10