Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show only 1 feature from hidden layer

Creator
Creator

Hi everyone,

I am working on NX10 surface model and I have a lot of develpment layers that I keep hidden. They usually have sketches, untrims, extracted faces etc... So quite often i need some of those features visable from time to time. Every time I want to show a hidden feature (untrim surface for example) a lot of (or all) features show and become visable, the whole layer. Is this some kind of bug or I am doing something wrong ? Thank you so much for help

4 REPLIES

Re: Show only 1 feature from hidden layer

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Are you using 'Layer Settings' (Ctrl+L) or 'Show and Hide' (Ctrl+W) to control the visibility/selection?

Creator
Creator

Yes,

Exactly. I am using layer settings CTRL + L and show hide to show or hide functions from the design tree. And sometimes CTRL + W. But most of the times I need just one feature from the tree, so I right click in the tree and click show. 

Creator
Creator

Sorry, I read your msg wrong. I use mostly show and hide for what i need. I do use layer options, but this thing happenes when I use show and hide. So to clarify again. When I click on a feature in the tree right click and show i want to see only that one feature. But all the features on that layer turn on and show. 

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

In order for NX to show a feature, it has to turn ON the layer that feature is on, so everything on that layer displays.  You could hide everything, leaving the layer visible, and then toggle individual features with show/hide.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10