Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Mapping MCD-OPC Server detected-what next

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I am trying to communicate between NX MCD and OPC server. MY server has been detected in NX MCD and I can see the signal. I was wondering what should I do next to connect a motor (Position control) to my signal from PLC? There are a lot of options and I am confused that which one should I do first. Your kind help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Regards,

Kazmi

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Signal Mapping MCD-OPC Server detected-what next

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @kazmi ,

you'll need to connect the signal to an object parameter using a Signal Adapter.

Regards,

Johannes

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi @Johannes_H ,

Thank you so much for the help. I created the signal for MCD objects, detected the external signals and did the mapping. It is doing the trick.

I am confused about the double data type of MCD signal. Which data type should we use from the PLC side because I have used "Real data type" but its not working. When I used "Int datatype" on PLC side and "Word" on KepServer, it is working for positive values. What should I do for the negative values? Your help will be appreciated.

Capture.JPG

Thank you

Regards,

Kazmi

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @kazmi ,

great. first step done.

MCD Signals should have the same datatype as the external signal. So "double" on the MCD side should match to "Real" in my opinion (sorry, I am not an OPC expert)

However, it could be that your external signals are input/output data type. I am not sure if this is supported.

So if you are having an Input signal on MCD (meaning MCD reads the value) it should be an output signal on the OPC side.

Hope that does the trick again. 

BTW: I recommend to use the SAME MCD Signal name as the external Name. Big benefit is that you can do Automapping. I mean 3 Signals is not the problem, but what if you have 300?....

Johannes

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi @Johannes_H,

Thank you for your help and suggestion. Yes you are right. I am initially testing so just giving away names. I am using REAL on PLC side and INT on the MCD side. It seems working for now. 

Thank you

Regards,

Kazmi