Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simpler way to change attributes/Displayed Part Properties?

Genius
Genius

Hello, I have a large/multi-page drawing that I'm working on and I want to see if there's a simpler way to change attributes.  For this drawing, I'm need to change several attributes, so I find the drawing in the Assembly Navigator, RMB, Properties.  At this point, the Displayed Part Properties window opens and I scroll down to the particular Part Attributes that I'm wanting to change.  I then select the attribute and change the window in the field on the RH side.  Once the value is entered, I either select Enter to accect the edit or hit tab and then hit the green check mark for Accepting Edit.

Once I hit Enter or Accept Edit, the list of Part Attributes automatically goes all the way back up to the top of the list and I have to scroll back down to make the next change.  Am I doing this wrong because it's very cumbersome?  It would be nice if I could accept the edit and then the list would stay where it was instead of jumping back up to the top of the list.  Is it possible to be able to export the list into Excel, make the changes and then save the changes back to NX?  Thanks

20 REPLIES

Re: Simpler way to change attributes/Displayed Part Properties?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

I agree. 
 That dialog is the most annoying dialog in NX.
 so to the point that i dont know where to start writing an IR about it...

regards,

Tomas

Phenom
Phenom

Have you tried making the part your displayed part and then using File->Properties ? You can set the interaction model to either traditional or bulk edit. 

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Where do you set the "bulk edit" setting?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor
Agreed - Bulk edit might be a solution here as you can edit multiple values in a single operation and when scrolling to the right the dialog doesn't return back to the left when applying the values. I checked our database of ER's and I couldn't find one reporting the behavior where the list scrolls back to the top - so please consider reporting this issue to GTAC.

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

I too was considering submitting an IR on this. These may be very small issues. But collectively it’s a hampering the efficiency and increasing the frustration.

In this case what I do is starching the window as much as I can and most of the editing properties will be visible to pick.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

In this case what I do is starching the window as much as I can

Or turn your monitor 90 degrees and put it in portrait mode Smiley Wink

@BenBroad wrote:

Or turn your monitor 90 degrees and put it in portrait mode Smiley Wink

I actually tried this for a while. On my dual monitor setup, the primary was horizontal for the main NX window and the secondary monitor was vertical for the navigators, email, browser, and other document-centric programs. Unfortunately, the viewing angle on this particular monitor is not very good when it is vertical. After much fiddling with monitor settings, I finally gave up and put it back in horizontal mode.

It's great for coding or reading lengthy docs.

Agreed, provided you have a decent monitor.