Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site Standard Palette Config

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi All,

I am looking to set up some custom palette entries for things such as hole tables, and parts lists. Previously in older versions of NX this has been acheived through .pax files stored centrally and then copied out to a users registry via the NX start script.

We are now upgrading to NX-1855 and have found that settings things like ANT and PNT is now controlled through the UserPreferences.txt file rather than reg entries.

Would it be best to push our site standard palettes out via the UserPreferences.txt file, or some other means?

Is there an enviroment variable that can be set to point to a specific location for site standard palette entries?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Site Standard Palette Config

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @PLM_F1_Guy ,

Below is the recently published Knowledge Base article which will walk you through copying settings from registry to UserPreferences.txt:

Copying the ANT Column Configuration from one version of NX to another

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Samadhan,

Thank you for the quick reply. Is using the UserPreferences.txt file the only way to publish custom pallete (.pax) such as parts lists and tables to end users?

Thats fine for first run, my concern is what happens if we want to roll out an additional custom palette in the future, at which point all users already have their own UserPreferences.txt file with any additions they may have made, we couldnt just overwrite their file and put them back to an predefined UserPrefences.txt?

Thanks

PLM_F1_Guy

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@PLM_F1_Guy ,

I would suggest you to contact to GTAC to see if there is any way/tool to achieve what you want.

For adding new settings to UserPreferences.txt, I think, it should be possible to appeand it to exisitng file using .bat script.

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Experimenter
Experimenter
Ok, will log a call and see what they say. Thanks again Samadhan.