Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site wide load options

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

NX9 with Teamcenter 10

We noticed parts weren't always loading as expected, and want to change our load options company wide.  Prior to this, load options were saved in a user folder on a server (using Rob Cohon's NX Custom setup).  I changed UGII_LOAD_OPTIONS= to point to the new "site" options, but is there a way to force all the users NX sessions to use this default, instead of any in their individual folders?  and if they have never changed their load options, will it default to the new site load options?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
10 REPLIES

Re: Site wide load options

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Dave -

For ENV settings, for NX, "First one set wins" - so if you set UGII_LOAD_OPTIONS at the site level, that one will "win".

What I don't know is if dialog memory, preferences, or other mechanisms will over-ride the file pointed to by the ENV variable.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Gears Phenom

Revisiting this topc, it appears that even when I set the load options to be "latest alphanumeric", they go back to "load latest".

I have UGII_LOAD_OPTIONS set, and verified in the NX log file that it is being used, and that the correct load_options.def is in that location.

Now, if I look at the load_options.def file itself, I see the line:

LoadOptions_ManagedModeLoadOption: load_by_revision_rule

Since we are running NX thru Teamcenter, is there some setting in TC that is over riding what I'm setting in NX?

-Dave

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Did you create the .def file when you were running NX in native mode, or when you were running NX thru TC?

I'd run NX from TC, set the load options in the dialog to the way you want, then save that to a"junk" file somewhere & compare it to the file you currnetly have.

Did you search uganswer about this?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Gears Phenom

Actually turned in an IR, and in managed mode, the load option is set in Teamcenter, so I'm going to go thru the process to set the default there, and then users can adjust in NX as they need.

-Dave

Experimenter
Experimenter

Gents,

I'm stumped. I'm the sysadmin, and am seeking a way to set the default load options, while still allowing a user to override them. This thread makes me think that under at least some setups it's controlled in TC - but I'm pretty sure that's not the case for us. I certainly can control it by setting my own user load options, saved in a load_options.def file. TC integration is finding & user those defaults.

One thing that has me confused is that NX/TC seem to want that load options file to be stashed in C:/Users/insertusernamehere/Appdata/Local/Temp - not usernamehere/AppData/Local/Siemens/NX90. 

In any case, the issue is how to define a sitewide load_options.def file, but still permit the users to override it when they need to. Maybe UGII_LOAD_OPTIONS would work, but if I point UGII_LOAD_OPTIONS to a sitewide file, then how do users override that ? NX understands the distinction between site and user customer defaults (nx90_site.dpv and nx90_user.dpv). How do I apply the same logic to the load options ?

If someone can poitn me to the documentation explaining that I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Stephan

stephanwintner at atieva.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

p.s. make that the "very experienced NX user but very inexperienced NX/TC sysadmin"

Gears Phenom

I would look up IR 7299761 and 7300321, where I inquired on this.

-Dave

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Dave,

Afraid I can't seem to see your IRs - I tried searching the knowledge base, but that only seems to have items raised to a PR. And I tried searching where I can see and edit my own IRs, but that seems to only show me tickets associated to my own sold-to (https://webtac.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/qtac/index.php5?lang=en).

Is there some other place to search ? (Sorry for the newb questions)

Thanks

Stephan

Gears Phenom

I'm going to try to attach a couple text files, with the email conversation for each IR.

-Dave