Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch Dimension automatically in Drawing View

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

More and more Customer like to show the Sketch Diemension in Drawing Views automatically (like Solid Works) when they place a View.. How can this be done in NX10

Then they like to change this Dimension Value to change the Model from the Drawing.

Is this in NX10 now possible

Thank you

Roland

10 REPLIES

Re: Sketch Dimension automatically in Drawing View

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Not sure if this helps your case.I am attaching a movie file herewith.

Personally i do not use this kind of a workflow (Does any industry uses this workflow? i mean editing the model from drafting irrespective of the CAD software used.. But since i am no expert so would certainly like to hear it out from industry experts.

Best Regards

Kapil

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Kapil

Thank you very much. This helps a lot and is greate.

Thank you

Roland

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Kaptil

I tried it out, can get the PMI in the Model to be like yours but i can't get them in the Drawing View.. What do i miss ??

In the View i set it to inherit the PMI from the Model and the Bidirectional PMI is also set like yours

Roland

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Kaptil

It has something to do with the RefSet. The PMI are not in the current RefSet. Can this be changed that the PMI are in the current Refset. And do you knwo where to set the Color for

the PMI Dimension ?

Thank you very much

Roland

Siemens Phenom
Hi Roland,
You can use the PMI assembly filer to bring in the sketch PMI if you are using master model concept for your drawing.
Sorry i have called it a day so have no access to my laptop right now.
Best Regards
Kapil

Siemens Phenom
You are correct..you need to change the reference set of the component to Entire Part apart from using Assembly PMI filter.
Kapil

Siemens Phenom

You shoudn't have to use the 'Entire Part' Reference Set but rather simply add the PMI dims to the 'Model' Reference Set.  In fact, this is the preferred workflow as this will still allow you to use the 'Model' Reference Set to 'filter' out the stuff that you don't want to see on the Drawing, like Datums and construction curves and referenced points.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

@oases wrote:

And do you knwo where to set the Color for the PMI Dimension ?

Regarding this.

Go to menu - > preferences - > Drafting - > Common - > Line/arrow to change the color of the arrow.

Go to menu - > preferences - > Drafting - > Dimension - > Text - > Dimension text to change the color of the font or the lettering style.

Regards,

Sen

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi John

Thank you. If Users have to Manually move the PMI Dimension to the right REFSet they will not accept this because it is manual work some do and some forget. There is a setting in the Customers Defaults / Drafting defaults / Drafting Standards / View / Common / PMI, Reference Set PMI ti Inherit None , Partial, All...

What is this setting for ? I tryed it but it seams not to do anything.

Thank you

Roland