Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch associativity between components for internal sketch, when creating points for holes.

Legend
Legend

Hello,

To put it as simply as I can. I have a several components which are fixtures that assemble together using dowels, screws etc...

I have one plate with threaded holes. On the mating plate I create counterbored clearance holes. I made the base plate with threaded holes 1st. I then set the top mating plate (which will have clearance holes) as my work part. I create points using the internal sketch within the hole dialog (pic below). I select the location for these clearance holes by selecting the already created threaded holes arc centers on the base plate. 

internal sketch.PNG

My question is this, How do i keep those points associative? I am aware of "Interpart Link, (below pic) but it seems more for constraints and is greyed out when I pick arc centers. Is there a way to tie those selected points to the other component, so that if a threaded hole location is altered, the corresponding clearance hole in a separate component will also update?

interpart link.PNG

Sorry I couldn't think of a simpler way to state it, I felt describing what I was trying to do would help paint a better picture. 

Thanks,

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP7 Primarily CAM
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Sketch associativity between components for internal sketch, when creating points for holes.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @TechniCsNC ,

Don't feel sorry, you've explained it well. Smiley Happy

You can use below approach:

(view in My Videos)

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Re: Sketch associativity between components for internal sketch, when creating points for holes.

Legend
Legend

Thanks,

Well that was simple. I guess in my mind I assumed that an internal sketch was required for the "Create Interpart Link" to work. I turned it on and I see that selecting the geometry creates the needed "Linked Composite Curve" even without using a sketch. 

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP7 Primarily CAM