Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch in assembly context

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

exist a setting that create a sort of clip plane during the sketch creation if the sketch is on context assembly ?

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

5 REPLIES

Re: Sketch in assembly context

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Maybe "work plane emphasis" can help.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.2/nx_help/#uidSmiley Tonguereferences_prefs_skt_general

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

In additon, you can use the clip section command from the View toolbar to turn on the clip section and then use edit section to line it up. Here is an image showing having the sketch in context of the assembly and then what it looks like after I turned on the clip section. I was able to clip the section in context of the sketch as well.

ClipSection.pngClip Section

Scott

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @ruud_vandenbrand,

those two commands didn't help me. As you can see, sketch inside the assembly create confusion and not help to create correct geometry.

ugraf_2018-05-18_14-17-07.png

Thank you...

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @ScottFelber,

thank you for the suggestion. It's what I use actually, but the clip section doesn't inherit the plane in use, so for each sketch I need to edit the clip section plane and save as for each sketch plane.

Catia has a clip plane in the sketch, very useful.

Thank you...

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @cubalibre00,

While in the View Section dialog, if you look under the Section Plane section, there will be a pulldown that controls which CSYS you're referencing while in the Sketch. I believe if you change it to WCS, then below that select the Z plane and make sure the plane offset stays at 0, you should be able to snap the clipping plane to the same plane of the Sketch.

Capture.png

-Tim