Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketcher (polygon) question

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi and thanks for letting me join.

I'm very new to NX, although I've been a CAD/CAM jock for longer than I care to remember :-)

Anyway, as I try to climb the learning curve, I have encountered the following dilemma.

I know, it's quite trivial, but I'm curious by nature:

- is there any way to edit the properties (e.g. change the # of sides) of Sketched n-sided polygon?

Thanks!!!

-mark

3 REPLIES

Re: Sketcher (polygon) question

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

While you can parametrically edit the size of a sketch polygon, you can't edit the number of sides in the polygon.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Creator
Creator

You can add curves to a polygon.  You will have to constrain the angles and so on.  If you go into the show remove constraints and pick a curve you will have a polygon constraint.  Double click it and this will explode the polygon into the individual constraints.  Now you can constrain a new polygon if you so chose.   So it depends on how much work you want to put into adding more sides to your polygon.  Also depends on how many features you have tied to this polygon down stream in your history tree on the way you want to go. 

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

You can add curves to a polygon.  You will have to constrain the angles and so on.  If you go into the show remove constraints and pick a curve you will have a polygon constraint.  Double click it and this will explode the polygon into the individual constraints.  Now you can constrain a new polygon if you so chose.   So it depends on how much work you want to put into adding more sides to your polygon.  Also depends on how many features you have tied to this polygon down stream in your history tree on the way you want to go.