cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketches in drafting area

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I'm trying to dimension 2D impeller vanes (arced vanes) in drafting area. I want to dimension the centre line of the vane, but in order to have a centre line, I need to activate the sketch in the view and use an offset sketch line to create a centre line. 

Now when I've created the centre line and finish the sketch and then proceed to update the drawing sheet, the line is not a dashed line anymore. It turns into a solid line, which isn't wanted.

How do I prevent this from happening or is there an other way to achieve what I need?

Edit: Creating a 2D centre line does help, only I cannot select this centre line to create a centre mark. I need a visible centre mark

4 REPLIES

Re: Sketches in drafting area

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

@MKarsten,

Please upload a picture of the active and inactive sketch to understand what you are experiencing. If you change a curve to reference or change its font to phantom or dashed while the sketch is active, it should maintain the same appearance once you deactivate it. There is no reason why it would become solid when the sketch is deactivated.

Abe

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I checked the drawing and I've done the things you suggested. Change the linetype with an active sketch or convert to reference.

Following pictures show what happens when I do that..

2017-10-12 09_51_00-NX 11 - Drafting - [D23-9301349.prt].jpg2017-10-12 09_53_52-NX 11 - Drafting - [D23-9301349.prt (Modified) ].jpg

If I choose a different line font, the circle will show as a dashed one, untill I update the drawing sheet, then it reverts back to a solid line. Converting to reference won't even change the linetype at all. Unless I sketch in a new circle, then it will show as a dashed line. 

It's rather inconvenient to have to do this again and again if I update the sheet or add a revision.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

@MKarsten

The only thing I can think of that might be happening in this case is that you have 2 curves on top of each other. I can see a tangent constraint mark above and to the left of the horizontal (51 mm) dimension. When you change the settings of one of the curves by making it reference or changing its font, the other curve underneath remains with a solid font and thus you never see the change in the first curve.

If this is not what's happening, then I am not sure what else could cause this.

Regards,

Abe

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

It's not 2 curves on top of eachother. 

Basically the way I set it up is as following:

1. Create the solid model

2. Go into drafting

3. Create the views

4. Activate a sketch view

5. Draw, for example, a circle and change the linetype display to dashed. 

6. Finish sketch

After I finished the sketch the linetype is still a dashed one. Now once I update the model, and thus also the drafting sheet, the lines change into solid ones.