Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smooth poles

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

Just read the smooth poles guide on the documentation. It says the following:

" After you create a surface that is in compliance with your specification data (such as a scanned image), you can do some minor editing to achieve a clean pole distribution and finalize the selected surface."

I've created a surface that is in compliance with my facet data. I've used a fill surface feature to do so (fill by curves). But there's a few surface bumps I'd like to smoothen out. The smooth poles feature won't let me select the surface I created. Not sure why, but is there any other way of smoothing out the surface besides X-form?

Or what surface do I need to create in order to be able to use the smooth poles feature.

2018-02-05 14_06_31-NX 11 - Modeling - [model10.prt (Modified) ].jpg

3 REPLIES

Re: Smooth poles

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Note sure I full understand how you constructed the surface. Could you show the part navigator and also switch on the pole display of the surface.

Steve V

Pioneer
Pioneer

2018-02-05 14_35_52-NX 11 - Modeling - [model10.prt (Modified) ].jpg2018-02-05 14_36_26-NX 11 - Modeling - [model10.prt (Modified) ].jpg

I deleted a few guide curves for the fill surface which smoothend the surface out a bit more, but it's still not completely smooth.

I used section curves on the facet data at the start. The curves that came forth were re-sketched with tangent arcs.

cowski1 3rd Gear
3rd Gear

The NX help implies that smooth poles can only be used on "untrimmed" sheet bodies. The fill surface that you have may not fulfill that criteria.