Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Questions about drawing templates for parts , assemblies and electrodes.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everyone!

I am some ne w with NX and in this moment I want to make some customisation on it.

I realized how to make drawing templates for parts and assemblies. My problem is how to make the NX 12 to get them from a custom folder. The standart comand "UGII_TEMPLATE_DIR=....." placed in ugii_env.dat dose not work , because then all templates are searched there (model , assembly and other).

How can I customize this? I have to work from two different PC, and therefore I want to have only on a server those templates.

In the same way I have to make some templates for CAM , which have to be on the same server.

Problem nomber two is , that I can not understand the diference between sheet and drafting template. I am using Master model concept, and tho have second and third sheet in a drawing I have registred the same template for drawing in ugs_sheet_templates.pax. Is that correct? I lookes good ,but everytime when I have to make new sheet , I have to type the same info from first sheet again. Is it possible to make this auto ?

Third problem by me is , that I have to make templates for electrode -drawing, positioning and manufacturing. I can not find any info about this type of template. Is thera some manual or?

Thank you in advance for your attencion!

BR

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Some Questions about drawing templates for parts , assemblies and electrodes.

Phenom
Phenom

have you looked at the "NX12 customization", that is on this forum?  I think if you read and look into this solution, it will help you a lot.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Programming-Customization-Forum/NXcustom-Utilitie...

Re: Some Questions about drawing templates for parts , assemblies and electrodes.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

regarding typing in the same info over & over:

I would suggest using attributes (File -> Properties -> Attributes tab).  Then have the drawing sheets reference those attributes.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12/nx_help/#uid:xid1128417:index_drafting:id700849:i...

There are some attributes "built-in" to NX - see bottom of above link.

Attributes can be set up in a catalog (so they users don't have to type the names correctly) or just pre-defined in your seed parts.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12/nx_help/#uid:id1457022

For the electrode/etc. drawings...

I would tend to use the regular template as a starting point (so you only need to maintain one set of templates) then create custom symbol(s) to add any additional "blocks" of data.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Experimenter
Experimenter

I understand attributes , but for example Project name or Project numbers are no set in NX Moldbase. Part quantities too. Till now I have not get a solution for them. Those attributes hav to be in the "model" to be obtained in the drawing.

In Moldbase when I start the project I have the ability to input Project name and Project number - but this will be valid only for the top.

For an ejector (using standart part libray) - those attributes are not get from top.

Attributes like supplier , catalog ,, etc are get from the library, OK , super!

But attributes like quanity I have not seen. Otherwise You are have right , that I have to use attributes , but till now I can not make those. Just to have them , in every model I have to get in manually to create those attributes.

Is there some automatisation for the moldwizard?

For the electrode/etc. drawings...- is there some extra info , manual , etc?

BR

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

RE: Attribute propagation

In theory, you could write a journal to propagate an attribute to all components of an assembly

The problem would be if some components (e.g. std parts) do NOT need that attribute set.

Another option is use expressions & inter-part expressions (IPEs).

Again, a journal with logic could work.

You used to be able to drive IPEs _to_ another part: i.e. if you have assembly "A" and component "C", in "A" you have expression "Project", and in A you could write an expression "C:Smiley Tongueroject = Project" and the expression "Project" in part C would have the same value as the expression "Project" in part A.

But that is now (I believe) deprecated behavior (with the support for MFKs)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled