Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spline in NX with point coordinates from excelsheet and modification of the same with the excel

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello All,

Can any one tell me how to create the spline in NX using the coordinates from excel sheet?

In addition to it, I would like to know how to modify the same spline points by modifying the excel coordinates?

Am using NX11 this is fyi....

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards,

Vysakh Gopinath

8 REPLIES

Re: Spline in NX with point coordinates from excelsheet and modification of the same with the excel

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
You can import the points as datum points ( use import->points from file)
After that use fit curve to make a spline through these points

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Re: Spline in NX with point coordinates from excelsheet and modification of the same with the excel

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Ruud van den Brand,

Thanks for your reply.

by the steps you told we will be only able to create the points, since the point co-ordinates will become unassociative. I want it to be associative with the excel file. If I modify the co-ordinates in the excel means it should get updated in the NX.

Thanks in advance for your reply....

Regards,

Vysakh

Solution Partner Phenom
You can also link a excel into the expressions of NX. If I am correct ita ug_read_excel, you can Find this in the formule builder.

This way you can link an expression to a specified excel and specified cell

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Ruud van den Brand,

Can we use it for creating of point in NX?

If yes, can you just send a vedio of creating the points?

Regards,

vysakh

Solution Partner Phenom
I’m on the plm europe at this moment. So i can maybe make the movie wednesday or thursday

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I was able to find it out..... Still u can share the video.... thank you so much in advance

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Vysakh --

Had a similar question a few years ago...  I've attached a ZIP archive with three different ways to approach this.  One is an associative Excel way.  One other uses expression files, and the third stuffs all of the data directly into list expressions.  The Excel version is the slowest, just because of the round trip to the external application, but it certainly works.

EXP_point_swapping_NX9.zip

Movies are included in this package.  :-)

Let me know if you have any questions about how this is put together, okay?

Thanks!

Taylor Anderson
NX Product Manager, Knowledge Reuse and NX Design
Tel: +1 (602) 441-0683
taylor.anderson@siemens.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Taylor Anderson,

Thanks a lot....

Regards,

Vysakh