Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreadsheet import of parameters and dxf export

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi! 

Im looking for a solution to get a dxf file. I do have a parametrised 2D Model and I'd like to 1. Multiply the Model 2. adjust the parameters/expressions with the spreadheet and 3. export all of them in one dxf.

My goal is to be able to quickly type in my values in an excel, and export a dxf with the assembled drawings to get a short workflow for lasercutting.

So: 
1. Pattern the Model with different Parameters
2. Export a DXF ready to lasercut

PS: Im also stuggling with correctly exporting dxf's. My functioning Method is: save as -> dxf. And referencelines have to be moved to another layer, which can then be disabled in the export option. the problem is that I do have to move the specific lines everytime before I export.

Greetings and have a nice daySmiley Happy

4 REPLIES

Re: Spreadsheet import of parameters and dxf export

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

your questions.

So: 
1. Pattern the Model with different Parameters
2. Export a DXF ready to lasercut

1. You can set parameters in the pattern feature. click on the small arrow in the value box en select formula...

2. If you have a model view that always shows the right orientation of the part to export, then you can set in the export of the 3d to dxf that it only looks to the selected view. When i do this for customers i make a new model view and call this one "DXF" 

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your helpful reply

Somehow the export worked with your instructions and the pattern feature is now in use - very handy!

But I'm still stuggling with reference lines. I don't want them to export into the DXF. I tried moving them to other layers and exclude them when exporting -> i need to move them to the layer before every export. I tried adjusting the line-font style in the export menu, but they don't seem affected by the settings. Any Ideas?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

hi @Monokai

i did a quick test. In NX 11 its possible to display or not display your reference curves.

If you go to your sketch settings you can turn on or of the display reference curve option.

If you have turned off the display then the line is not in the dxf export.

Display_reference_curve.JPG

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Experimenter
Experimenter

Good to know! 

unfortunately im bound to NX10 right now. My uni has plans on upgrading, but who knows how long that can take^^