Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squeeze a spline copy into a rectangle

Genius
Genius

I'm very sorry for reposting the question again after so many failed attemps. The previous post "Control size of spline"  did not present it very clearly.

I have a spline and a rectangle, both of which need to be adjusted later.

ScreenClip0.png

Now I'd like to squeeze an ASSOCIATIVE and SCALED copy of the spline into the rectangle with constraints of two point coincidences and one tangency. Then the spline copy inside would changes along with the reactangle just like this:

ScreenClip.png

ScreenClip - 副本.png   ScreenClip - 副本 - 副本.png

Could you kindly give some clues? Thank you so much!

2 REPLIES

Re: Squeeze a spline copy into a rectangle

Genius
Genius

Hi, @Johannes_H

I try to use Scale Curve to get a scaled copy of the spline which fits in the rectangle. Is this what you means?

ScreenClip.png

The drawback of this is: when I drag to modify the rectangle size in sketch task environment, the scaled spline would not follow instantaneously. In fact,  while editing the reactangle, I simply can't see the scaled spline which is generated by later Scale Curve feature. But this seems to be the only way to achieve the scaling result and I would settle on this.

Next I can't move the scaled copy into the reactangle while keeping it associative as in figure below.

ScreenClip - 副本.png

It seems that Move Object refuses to move cuves in associative way. Hope to have your suggestions.

ScreenClip [2].png

Thank you!

Re: Squeeze a spline copy into a rectangle

Genius
Genius

It seems to be OK. Any comments on improvement would be highly appreciated! Thank you!

ScreenClip.png