Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Studio Spline > Through Points > Movement

Genius
Genius
I observed sometime odd with through-points splines. Thank you for your comments!

1. I have a through-points spline in XZ plane. (View: XZ)

Image.png

2.  (View: YZ) To my surprise, it's impossible to move the points in Y direction.

Image.png

3. After Movement is set to Y, the points are movable in Y direction.

Image.png
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Studio Spline > Through Points > Movement

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Surfactant,

As you originally have created the spline in a specific view with all the defining points on the same plane the resulting spline curve is planar. The intuitive editing functionality is that the points should remain in the same plane as the creation (this is in most cases the desired behaviour and really anoying when not maintained). However if you have defined the defining points for your spline in true 3D coordinates the resulting spline is a true 3D curve and have no plane to relate to why you have full freedom from start to edit. Its an easy switch to change the behaviour of the spline definition points. I agree that maybe the constrained plane option should maybe should be turned on upon edit..... mabe an ER?

Best Regards

Fred

Re: Studio Spline > Through Points > Movement

Genius
Genius

Hi @Sandman   Thank you for you explanation!

Here in this situation, NX seems to be too smart Smiley Happy Maybe most people like this and don't want Constrained to Plane to be turned on. Let me settle on the current behavior.