cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supported 3D printers

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We are thinking about purchasing a 3D printer. It wont be an industrial machine but we want it to be about 400x400mm, hot table... so maybe something intermediate. We would probably use Cura or a similar free software, but just in case I would like to choose a printer that can be used by NX. Is there a list of printers or brands supported by NX?

3 REPLIES

Re: Supported 3D printers

Legend
Legend
3d printer use stl and nx export to stl,  then each printer you can use.

Inviato da Outlook per Android
Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks Cubalibre, we are already willing to export files (step because we cant export to stl with our license) then convert to stl and print. But I think NX can also print directly in 3D I would like to purchase a printer that can be used by NX just in case we make extensive use of the printer and find it worthy to upgrade license.

Legend
Legend
Nx can print directly to 3d printer, but you need Windows 10 and special windows driver and this type of windows driver are supported on poor 3d printer. Anyway you need use special software to use before to stamp. If the problem is the output to stl, can you use freecad. Decide for the printer for the precision result and materials supported, not for compatibility to nx.
Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM