Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Fillet / Edge Blend (Single Surface)

Hey Folks

I have surface. I would like to make a fillet on (1) the outer corner of the surface and (2) an inner corner.

I can achieve (2) through the use of the Circular Blend command. Any idea how I can achieve the same on an internal corner? The sheet would have to be extended then cut. Hopefully there is a one-stop tool to do this. See attached picture for my example.

Thanks

8 REPLIES

Re: Surface Fillet / Edge Blend (Single Surface)

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

If you use the Thicken command you will get a solid.  Then you can simply add edge blends.  Finally, you can extract the face to get a new sheet body.  Does that help?

Rick Hebert
NX Magician
Used NX (Unigraphics) since 1984
Houston, TX, USA

Thanks Rick

That is an option. It's just so convoluted. I always like to stay in 'surface-mode' until the last step when I thicken. Especially for composite parts where thickening at the end makes the most sense vis-a-vis thin/thick layup regions.

Henyr

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Not exactly a one-stop shop, but curve/surface based - see the movie below.

I hope this is helpful,

Abe

(view in My Videos)

Regards,
Abe

Genius
Genius

Hi,

you can extract the original edges of your surface. Then you probably can delete the inner edges to get a partially untrimmerd surface and trim it back to the new ones.

Meinolf, , Leistritz Turbinentechnik GmbH

Production: NX10.0.3, TC 10.1.4

Testing:NX11 Beta

Thanks Folks

All of those work. Kind of tiresome if you have to do this a lot though. It's a shame circular blend doesn't have a fill command.. #feature_request!

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao @hollywood_henry,

how did you do that surface? And how did you do that corner?

Ciao

Hey Cesare..

That was just an example surface that I created using a spline and made a cut-out with another surface.

The application I'm currently looking at is for access panels that were modeled as square cut-outs and now I need to do detail design on and round out.

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao,

I suggest you to cut the surface with two blended surfaces, you can see the result in the attached image.

In fact this is what really appens, in mechanical machining it removes material, it is not added!

Ciao

CutCorner.png