Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface in NX Sweep

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Dear All.

Our customer design in Power Shape, now they want to know UG NX to use. But we have a problem need to help Siemens.

How to do I creat a Surface by Sections and Guides, when The section don't creat from Start point and End point of Guides ( Curve). And they want Suface have to expand to full length of the guide line. Please see this picture and help me: 

1.png

When i use Styled Sweep Comman, it's full length but Surface do not passing the sections

2.png

I have videos our customer design in Power Shape

https://drive.google.com/a/micad.com.vn/file/d/0B19NtxcSRKoFaUxua2RPT08waEE/view

3 REPLIES

Re: Surface in NX Sweep

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

please look at the "Studio Surface" function.

BUT switch the section and guide strings. So the long string would be defined as the section. However, the functionality is limited to three guide strings.

Alternately, you can give the n-sided surface a try. UV Orientation must be set to "Area". Use the long guide string as the outer loop, and the 4 sections as interior curves.

Good luck

Johannes

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Now, i want to extend this Surface to full length of the Guide after i use sweep command. How to do creat a surface exactly ?

Legend
Legend

Hi,

Use 'SWEPT' surface command, select long curve as 'section' and 2 small curve as 'guide'. Let me know the result.

BR,

Mak