Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Symbolica Software

Dear All, I have heard that Siemens PLM Software has partnered with Maplesoft, Inc. to introduce a new product for high-end engineering mathematics called "Symbolica". It has new integration capabilities for NX and Teamcenter. I wanted to know what are these capabilities and why should a designer use this software with NX? At last when is the first release?
Sina shojaee
5 REPLIES

Re: Symbolica Software

Hi Sina,

You may want to contact Taylor Anderson who is the product manager for Symbolica.

Regards

Paul

Like Paul said, @TaylorAnderson will best be able to answer your questions. (tagging him so he sees this.)

Taylor, could you chime in please? Smiley Happy

-Amy 

Sina --

You are correct.  We've shown this product at PLM World and PLM Europe the last couple of years, and version 1.0 is available for evaluation and purchase now.

I'm traveling at the moment, so I can only give a quick reply now, but I'll come back in a couple of days with more detail.

Will that work?

Taylor Anderson
NX Product Manager, Knowledge Reuse and NX Design
Tel: +1 (602) 441-0683
taylor.anderson@siemens.com

[ Edited ]

Thank you Paul for introducing Taylor Anderson and thank you Amy for mentioning him and thank you Mr.Anderson for your reply.

Dear Taylor,
I hope that after your coming back I can find answer to these questions because when I searched the internet I found almost nothing about Symbolica:
What are the capabilities of this new software? any case study?
Why should a designer use this software with NX?
Does Symbolica also have stand alone usage?
Does it have trial version for evaluation?

Sina shojaee
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author sina
‎12-07-2016 11:01 PM

Sina --

Sounds like it would make sense for you to contact your sales representative and set up a meeting to discuss Symbolica further.

Symbolica is fundamentally a SPLM Version of the "Maple" software available from Maplesoft, with three things added.

1. A streamlined UI for Engineers
  2. A new integration for passing Symbolica Variables and NX Expressions back and forth
  3. An integration with Teamcenter for using Symbolica in Managed mode, like NX

The Maplesoft website has many case studies for Maple, and many of these are also NX customers.  We will add Symbolica case studies as we work more with Symbolica customers, specifically.

Symbolica handles engineering math far beyond what NX Expressions can handle.  Maple has been the gold standard for symbolic computation for 30+ years, and can easily handle differential and integral calculus,  equations including PDEs, etc.  It can also be used to plot mathematically-driven 3D shapes and then import these into NX as Convergent facet bodies for further modeling.

Like Maple, Symbolica can be used completely independent of NX.  In fact, we think that many (if not most) Symbolica users will do so.  And that's totally fine.

And again, please contact your sales rep for further investigation.

Thanks!

Taylor Anderson
NX Product Manager, Knowledge Reuse and NX Design
Tel: +1 (602) 441-0683
taylor.anderson@siemens.com