Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symmetry problem

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

When trying to symmetry threaded holes I find that thread are not copied and the new feateure remove more material than the original one. Should I tweak something, use a different comand (I use symmetry feature or at least I think it so called in english) or is it a NX bug?

Captura.PNG

8 REPLIES

Re: Symmetry problem

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Could you please share a snap of the part navigator for the model you shown?

Regards,
Ganesh

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

What depth have specified for the Threaded Hole??

Best Regards

Kapil

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Depht is set to a selected surface. That is needed in order the hole updates if the face is moved. 

Captura3.PNG

Siemens Phenom

@Javiduc,

Take a look at the attached part and note how I defined the Thread Depth and Depth of Threaded Hole(3), compared to Threaded Hole(4) which behaves like your part.

In Threaded Hole(3) I have set Depth Limit to 'Value' and use 'Measure' for the value, rather than Until Selected.  Thread Depth then uses the value of the Depth Limit Measure 'p' expression for its value. 

Screenshot - 5_26_2017 , 9_50_59 AM.png

Regards, Ben

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you Ben, with the "measure" method it works and updates perfectly and it even allow me to edit the expression to add an offset to the depth which is good for the pourpose of the part I am designing. Anyway, I think that for most cases is a bit too manual method (too many clicks) and I think the "till next" or "till selected" method should work better in NX.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Now I cant make my file works like yours and I cant see what I am doing wrong. I am felling a bit embarrased.

Siemens Phenom

That is odd.  However, if you create the Distance Expression as a separate feature before the Threaded Hole feature it works.  Part and movie attached.

Regards, Ben

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you Ben, you habe been very helpful as allways, this way it works perfectly.

Maybe the problem is with metric files? Any chance NX development team solve this issues with measure method, till face method... not working in future?