Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC11 - NX10 Variants management

Siemens Builder Siemens Builder
Siemens Builder

Hi Experts,

do you know if is ti possible change variant option once you have the assembly loaded in NX managed?

I mean, question is about not to have to close and open the assembly that containts variants to change

the variant .

One more question....is It possible open and load the variant from NX and not to have to choose the option from Structure manager and then from TC an NX?

All considerations have to be managed from TC11.2.2.1 and NX10.0.3.5

Thanks in advanced for your collaboration and help!!!

1 REPLY

Re: TC11 - NX10 Variants management

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @FidelM,

do you know if is ti possible change variant option once you have the assembly loaded in NX managed?

No.

For the different variant configurations you need to reload the assembly using the new variant. I am not certain about the exact version but I think prior to the NX 8.5 there were variant configuration options available in the assemblies menu.

One more question....is It possible open and load the variant from NX and not to have to choose the option from Structure manager and then from TC an NX? 

Variant rules,configurations are created in Teamcenter. So you can apply a predefined variant rule to an assembly in the assembly load options to load different assembly configurations.

Regards,
Ganesh