Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tangent face in NX 10

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Dear expert,

I want to know how to check tangent faces in NX 10.0.3.5

I created a fillet using edge blend and face blend feature then I use reflection shape to analyze it .

I found between faces are not tangent .

6 REPLIES

Re: Tangent face in NX 10

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Try using the surface continuity analysis tool.
Within the command use the multiface type and then turn on the G1 (tangent) continuity toggle.
Select the faces you want to check, then choose the edge between the faces to define a point. You can drag the point along the edge and the value will update dynamically. If the faces are tangent then the angle will be 0.00.
Regards,
Abe

Siemens Phenom

Sorry,

My answer before works in NX 11. In NX 10 use the edge to face option. Select the edge between the face and then select the blend face near the same edge. Then follow the directions as I pointed out before.

Regards,
Abe

Siemens Phenom

A real quick way is to use the tangent face selection rules.  Start a command that requires face selection (Synchronous Move Face for example).  Set the Face rule to 'Tangent Faces' and then select one face.  All tangential faces will be selected.

2017-08-29 08_59_24-NX 10 - Modeling - [model16.prt (Modified) ].jpg2017-08-29 09_00_19-NX 10 - Modeling - [model16.prt (Modified) ].jpg

Dear AbeinJapan and Dave,

Thanks for your quick respond, it will be very helpful,
btw, can we use reflection tool also?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

"btw, can we use reflection tool also?"

If your only requirement is that the surfaces are tangent, then the reflection analysis isn't the best tool for the job. It works best when you are looking for ripples within a surface or curvature continuity between surfaces. Surfaces may be tangent, but not curvature continuous; a "rolling ball" type blend (the standard option for the "edge blend" command) will be tangent, but not curvature continuous. In a reflection analysis, if the surfaces are tangent but not curvature continuous, the flow lines will meet at the interface, but may veer off at a sharp angle. Surfaces that are curvature continous will have smooth flow lines across the interface.

Dear All,

Thanks for your respond