Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Application for NX Designer

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I'm a throttle body designer at my company and need to apply a test for a new designer. We usually build parametric model on NX8.5.

I would like to apply about 1 hour of medium level test, for modeling and drafting.

Do you have some advices for me? Any kind of command for recommend? Does anybody has good practices for it?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES

Re: Test Application for NX Designer

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

When I gave advanced NX training I would start the course by asking people to model a part that I physically brought with me. Did not just show what commands people knew and their skill level but also their methods and thinking style.

Steve V

Creator
Creator

Thank you for your feedback Steven.

This test is for a position as designer, and above all the designer must to be able to quick changes on the model, not taking too long time changing that.

I would like to evaluate the general skills, and thinking about a 3 steps tests: 1.Model a part from start + drafting; 2.To fix a tree error + synchronous modeling and 3.Assembly a part.

Would you evaluate another skills?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,
times ago we used to have a test at the end of the training.
It included a simple modeling task, creating of an assembly and drawing of part and assembly.
We kept it simple, not too big parts etc.
But it was really general test, as the training was.

The test you need should be made a bit specific for your type of work.
Write down what you want to test and you have done a half of it.
You may select few parts from you older project and let the tested person modify something on them. At least you see if he/she is able to find the right place in the structure of the model or aply direct modeling the right way. Of course it woun't work if you have a very specific modeling method.

Regards, Pavel Jiricek

@jonnyparo wrote:

Hi,

I'm a throttle body designer at my company and need to apply a test for a new designer. We usually build parametric model on NX8.5.

I would like to apply about 1 hour of medium level test, for modeling and drafting.

Do you have some advices for me? Any kind of command for recommend? Does anybody has good practices for it?

Thanks in advance.