Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

The best part about NX 9.0?

Creator
Creator

The ribbon bar is really great, reducing number of mouse clicks. Also i feel this version mananges memory better.

What are you thoughts on NX 9.0? Any application specific improvements?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: The best part about NX 9.0?

Legend
Legend
I primarily design short run stamping tools.

Fill surface is now my goto command over Through curve mesh for fixing customer geometry and along with Trim/Extend and a closing curve for creating tangent "run off" for my addendum surfaces.

Blend corner works great for softening draw radii on tooling.

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.2 / Autoform r8 /WorkNC 2019 r1
Testing:NX 1855
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Creator
Creator
Yes the improvement with Blend corner is really great. Also i feel the arrangement of icons as a ribbon is really great. Even the latest versions of other software follow the same trend ( eg. Matlab 2014).

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The fact that they fixed a some of the bugs from NX8. Smiley Happy

But the feature I like the most is that they finally added a tool to measure diameter. It's the simple stuff that matters the most.

Using NX 8.0.3.4

Creator
Creator
Cool Catch

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Rough Offset now has the ability to select faceted bodies as an input body.  Before NX9 it was necessary to use Rapid Surfacing to reverse engineer STL data.  Using Rough Offset, and entering a zero offset, you can now quicky and easily convert imported STL (rapid prototype) data into B-Surfaces that can now be easily edited and analyzed in NX.

Screenshot - 9_30_2014 , 12_48_17 PM.png

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

That was part of the my standard 'What's New in NX 9.0' demo that I was doing last year at the various Users Meetings.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

"The ribbon bar is really great, reducing number of mouse clicks."

Hmm, I have not experienced less clicks and have found many things that require more clicks.

More clicks aside I like 9 very much.  Although I mostly use manufacturing I do use modeling and drafting somewhat.  Nothing in particular stands out for me but overall 9 works nicely for me and currently I have no significant issues after moving to 9.0.3.mp01.  

NX 12.0.2