Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Thread Measurement ?

Genius
Genius

Hello

Where is thread measurement (Like M10x1,5) in Drafting NX 9.0 ? (Rapid, linear, radius,...)

5 REPLIES

Re: Thread Measurement ?

Genius
Genius

Also where is "Override measurement"-like in Inventor. Where I can write my own measure like it says "Diameter Ø10", but i manually write "M10x1,5" to it ?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Use a "radial dimension" and change the measurement method to "hole callout".

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

You can over-ride dimension text with menu -> edit -> annotation -> text, but this should not be necessary in this particular case; you should be able to get the desired callout with the proper dimension.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@12131444 wrote:

Hello

Where is thread measurement (Like M10x1,5) in Drafting NX 9.0 ? (Rapid, linear, radius,...)

Use 'Radial Dimension' command and Measurement method as 'Hole Callout'.

You can see the difference between dimension naming when you create general hole, then apply thread to it versus creating the threaded hole directly.

Capture.PNG

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@12131444 wrote:

Also where is "Override measurement"-like in Inventor. Where I can write my own measure like it says "Diameter Ø10", but i manually write "M10x1,5" to it ?

You can override the dimension text, but this should not be the preferred method unless you have a specific purpose. If you change the feature parameters, then changes will not be reflected in the drawing. You need to check them manually by Menu > Information > Other > Object Specific > Dimensions with Manual Text.