Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread in a curve part. NX 11

Builder
Builder

Hi,

I need to make a M185x6 thread in the 4 holes of the piece I attach.  I use the thread command and a windows appears that says: "name". I don't know the name I have to write. How I can draw a thread in a curve part? I'm using NX11 and I hadn't had this problem with NX8 or NX 9.  Please any body can help me how to draw a M185x6 thread?

The part I attach come from a stp file. The customer draw completely the part with threads. A colleage from our CAM Department said me that in NX CAM Enviroment can't read the thread that customer had drawn. So that , I'm trying to do it for myself using  synchronous modeling, deleting faces and making again the threads and I find the problem described before. Is it necessary to do something in cam enviroment to make it work?

cheerful if anybody can help me with the two questions I have raised

Jose C

5 REPLIES

Re: Thread in a curve part. NX 11

Phenom
Phenom

@JCP,

When using the traditional Thread command, NX requires a starting face, which must either be a planar face or a Datum Plane - look for the cue/status line around the perimeter of your graphics window - it should show 'Select start face'. Since the face on which you wish to START the thread is cylindrical, you will need a Datum Plane, which you already have.

Since you're recreating the Hole, you could use the new Threaded Hole (edit the Simple Hole and change the pulldown at the top) but I believe you'll first have to cusotmize or edit your thread tables to be able to get the thread callout you're desiring.

-Tim

Legend
Legend

Attached model. Would it help?

Your Question - I use the thread command and a windows appears that says: "name".

My answer - just select the starting face (planer face- create it or create a datum plan and use it) without giving any name.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

like the other are telling you need to select the start face.

sometimes is good to also look in the bottom of your NX window.

because it gives in the cue line some more details then the old dialog boxes are showing.

selelct name.PNG

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Builder
Builder

Thanks Tim, You are rigth.!!  I Didn't touch the datum plane I had.  Done!!

Almost always I'm using  the  new Threaded Hole,  but in that case M185x6 thread is not in NX Thread tables. I have to customize them.

The problem has been solved.

Thanks for your help

Jose C

Phenom
Phenom
@JCP,

Glad you figured it out - sorry for not specifically stating that you to select the Datum Plane. As @Ruud_vandenbrand pointed out, some of the old NX dialogs have some ambiguous hints and I sometimes forget newer users aren't used to those.
-Tim