Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threaded Hole Callout

Pioneer
Pioneer

2017-09-25_15h56_01.png

Hi,

is there a way to strip down the Callout? What I mean is in the picture. All I need is "M" as a prefix.

10 REPLIES

Re: Threaded Hole Callout

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I edited the name of each thread size in the table for coarsed threads. Pitch appearing in "normal" coarsed threads were a problem with machinist suppiers and leaded to mistakes for drafters as there is no quick visual difference between coarsed and fine thread

It leads to some problems with other things associated to holes names but i rarely use them

Hi @dziubelis,

is there a way to strip down the Callout? What I mean is in the picture. All I need is "M" as a prefix.

There is no direct way for it.

XML file 'nx502_Threaded_Hole_Standard' contains the thread data. It is located at 'C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0\UGII\modeling_standards'.

You can edit this XML if you do not want pitch to be shown in the hole callout.

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | TCIN
TC 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | AWC 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks,
I will do that.
And the reason is that pitch is redundant in this form, since its awailable in Hole Callout configuration too.

Genius
Genius
If you don't want to edit the XML file, which will affect every drawing from this point forward, just use a Cylindrical dimension and edit the prefix to User Defined and enter "M" and maybe tighten up the spacing for the prefix.
-Tim

Legend
Legend

Hi @TimF,

if you have a shared ugii_env_file, you can add this variables :

# Modeling Standards Directory (Holes and Threads)
UGII_SCREW_CLEARANCE_HOLE_STANDARD_DIR=${UGII_SITE_DIR}\Holes&Threads
UGII_THREADED_HOLE_STANDARD_DIR=${UGII_SITE_DIR}\Holes&Threads
UGII_DRILL_SIZE_HOLE_STANDARD_DIR=${UGII_SITE_DIR}\Holes&Threads

where Holes&Threads is the folder where are positioned :

nx6_Drill_Size_Hole_Standard.xml

nx502_Screw_Clearance_Hole_Standard.xml

nx502_Threaded_Hole_Standard.xml

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Genius
Genius
Hi cubalibre00,

So are you saying you can have more than 1 Threaded hole standard .xml file - what you're pointing out above seems to be that you can put 3 completely different hole/thread standards on a network and share them, which isn't the same thing as have 3 .xml files for threaded hole standards, unless I'm completely misunderstanding this.

Thanks.
-Tim

Legend
Legend

@TimF,

each file have different purpose.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Genius
Genius
Yeah, and what does any of this have to do with the original question or my comment? It still doesn't change anything that I am aware. I'm really not sure why you're telling me any of this, to be honest. Where the default files are located makes zero difference in the outcome. If one removes the thread pitch from the .xml file, then it will NEVER display automatically - rather than deal with that, I made another suggestion to use a different method that won't show pitch ever.
-Tim

Pioneer
Pioneer
I used to do that on older versions. That is change dia. symbol to M, or just use plain dimension and add M in front. But thats not cool in 21st century.
So editing files is pretty good sollution, since you can still add pitch via Callout configuration. And if you use that with unedited files, the result pitch will show twice.

Sometimes it feels like NX is so outdated and modern at the same time Smiley Very Happy