Hello, I started to use NX recently, and I have a doubt about Through curve mesh continuity.
I was designing a bottle and I used "Through Curve mesh" to create the body. When I make G1(tangent) in the continuity group, with another face of the bottle the model volume differs when there is no G1 continuity constrained.
My problem is that, does G1 (Tangent) continuity constraing has a effect on model volume of the design?
I hope I made myself clear to you guys, if not please tell.
The G1 continuity always lead to changing shape of its resultant surface.
So you cannot avoid changing of the volume.
But, if you want, you can use (Axi-symmetric) Scale the result body to change the volume, additionally.
ps) As i think, you can use Optimization Tool to get the desired scale factor.
Thanks Skahn. I want to know is it necessary to put "continuity" when using Through Curve Mesh? and can you please be more specific about previous answer
If you not put G1 'continuity', the results will create 'sharp edges' between its adjacent faces.
As you knew, you can remove the sharp edge with Edge blend.
But the un-intentional (partial) sharp edges can make problem to edge blend.
If you want information about 'Optimization to get Scale factor for specify volume.'
Please try as below
1. Create Volume Expression by Measure body with Associative. [Vol0]
2. Use Axi-symetric Scale for the body and modify name expression. [Along1=1, Other1=1.05]
3. Create Volume Expression. [Vol1] (it is target volume, be careful about uint mm^3 )
4. Create user Expression as constant (not length or area). [Error=(Vol0-Vol1)^2]
5. Use Optimazation [Analysis > Optimazation and Senstivity > Optimazation]
- Objective : Type=Minimum, Expression=Error (of Step4)
- Variable Expression : Other1 (of Step2) [lower and upper limite=0.9 & 1.1]
Optimization tool may keep to change Other1 until Vol1 = Vol0.