Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Through Curves and Tangent Magnitude

Hey folks

Is there a way to contrtol the magnitude of a Through Curves section tangency? I'm looking for something like the Shape Control section of the Bridge Curve dialog box where you can change the 'Tangent Magnitude.'

I guess I have a work around to make my own secondary curve splines and then create a Through Curve Mesh but it's kind of a drag.

Thanks

7 REPLIES

Re: Through Curves and Tangent Magnitude

Phenom
Phenom

You'll have to do that with the input curves, not the surface dialog - most of NX is this way with surfaces except for some blend commands.

-Tim

Phenom
Phenom
@hollywood_henry,

I got to thinking about this a bit and completely forgot about an old command that's been updated at some point. You might try using Bridge (Insert -> Detail Feature -> Bridge) and see if it fits this scenario. There are options within that dialog to input Tangent Magnitude for both G1 & G2 continuities.

If not, and you have a Shape Studio license, try Styled Blend and use the curves from your Through Curves as the tangent boundary/hold lines for the blend.
-Tim

Thanks Tim

Yeah I was using Bridge Surface the other day. The Constraints dialog box there is basically what I wish the Through Curves dialog had.

Phenom
Phenom
Call GTAC and log an ER if you feel it's a good idea to add into Through Curves.

You can always create the Bridge, then extract the U or V curves you need for the Through Curves, then use those to build a fresh & hopefully clean Through Curves surface.

I will bet that since Through Curves allows more than 2 sections that at some point when using a high number of sections, the tangent magnitude editing could result in some odd looking surfaces and is probably why it was excluded although it's hard to tell why it was left out at this point.
-Tim

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao @TimF

Section surface too can met the pourpose.

Ciao

Phenom
Phenom

@Cesare,

You're correct, it might work depending on a few things.

I'm betting he's got more than a few section strings.  I am not 100% sure what all different Section surface types can be used that will allow for say more than 3-4 section strings.  I'm assuming that's why Bridge Surface wasn't used initially by the OP.

-Tim

Yep, all true