Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block jpg size

Creator
Creator

Hi, 

We managed to define a custom title block with an imported image (jpg) in one merged cell of the title block. 
the bad thing is, we cannot insert another logo. Despite the file  is exactely equal in pixels and format NX inserts it much larger. So it doesn't fit into the cell. If I expand the cell the logo shows up. 
It seems to me that the image size varies just by chance and I have no control over it. 

Unlike an import to the canvas I cannot change the image size within the table.

I could import the image to the canvas instead of the title block...but then the logo will not move to the right place when I change the sheet size. 

Has anybody a solution to control the imported image size?

thank you

Urs

12 REPLIES

Re: Title Block jpg size

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The image needs to have the size of the cell in NX.

NX doesn't resize the image for you.

If i make templates for customers i use Paint.net to resize the image (most of the time by increase the pixels)

and make it that it is 0.5mm smaller then the cell size or merge cell size.

You can also use the cell setting under common->cell->fit methods-> Overwrite Border.

NX will know show the image as his own size.

Check here also the documentation

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12/nx_help#uid:xid459429

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Creator
Creator

Hello Ruud

Thank you for the fast reply. 

Yes I am aware of the same picture size. I do have two images with the exact same pixel resolution 677x229.

300dpi and 57x19mm. As you can see the image on the left has almost the double size. The image below has only half the size and resolution. However it keeps the size in the table but looses resolution and sharpness.

where can I set the image size properly? Does it not work with photoshop?
image_size2.pngThank you very much,

Urs

Highlighted

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Urs,

NX calculates the size of the image in Tables with the Acual pixel resolution and the DPI value.

I doubt that both IPEK logos do have the same values here. The lower logo looks like the pixel resolution was reduced by, but the DPI value also by the same percentage, so you end up in the same size in mm, but a lower display resolution.

I captured your image and saved it two times with the SAME Pixel size, but different DPI values. This is the result.

I also attached the images I used for reference.

BTW, You can use Irfanview for example to change the dpi value. Use the function "Image -> Resize/Resample"

Johannes

2018-01-17 16_24_21-NX 12.0.0.27 - Drafting.png

Creator
Creator

Hello Johannes,

Thanks for your help. I finally got a clue. How crazy is this?:

I get different results when I do the same in photoshop vs. Snagit Editor. 
NX keeps the image size constant whatever pixelsize or resolution I make when I use photoshop. No wonder it didn't work out!

now I can manage it.
Thank you,

Urs

photoshop-vs_snagit.png

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hi Urs,

great you found the issue and a workaround. Would be interesting to open your different logos in MS Paint and look at File->properties to display the actual DPI Value. If it is different, then GTAC should take a look at this one...

Johannes

Creator
Creator

Hi Johannes,

Just tested the same files with MS Word. In word the picture resizes the same when made in Photoshop as well as Snagit. So NX seems to handle Photoshop bitmaps differently than bitmaps from other apps.
It is not an issue with the files.

regards,

Urs

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, All, I'm adding a question to an older post from this year, as I'm having similar problems.  I'm trying to add the company logo to an NX11 title block and I'm having trouble getting the size to work.  I've made the logo in AutoCAD, sized it to 3 x 1.625 inches, then set the output resolution to 1200dpi.  I then used ACad's "PNGOUT' command to make a ping.  I insert it in NX11 and it comes in 3.4 in wide.  I scaled the logo in Autocad, re-did the ping, and the logo came into NX smaller... but the "box" was still 3.4"....  I shrunk the grafix window in Acad (maybe it's exporting the ping physical size as the grafix window...???), re-did the ping, and the "box" is 3.4"....  I tries a multitude of other tricks, and the "box" is 3.4".  Is there a setting in NX????  What gif's???  (oops 'scuse me, "what png's")  Smiley Sad  Smiley Sad  Smiley Sad

HELLLLLP!!!  This title block has me beside myself!  And, while I can use the extra drafter... I gotta get this done, and it seems NX is fighting me every step!!??!!

Thanx, Ed

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Ed,

Like in the thread above you need to check your picture size/resolution.

This must be the size like the NX table cell. (if the cell is 10x5 i make the image 9.9x4.9)

When i'm making templates for a customer then i will make the picture just a little smaller then the cell in NX.

Sometimes it also can help to set the cell setting to overwrite border.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Pioneer
Pioneer

Ruud;
My image (according to Windows "properties") is 1829 x 995 pixels. This image comes into NX11 as 3.4" wide. (see "Logo_4.png", attached)
I opened it in Paint and shrunk it by 1/2, to 915 x 498 pixels. THIS image comes in as 9.54" wide (????). (see "Logo_5.png")
I opened that image in Paint and shrunk it by 1/2, to 458 x 259 pixels.... THIS image comes into NX as 4.77" wide?!?!?!?!? (see "Logo_6.png)
I get the same sequence of results each time I test the three images, so NX is repeatable, it just doesn't have any consistency regarding the size of the inserted image relative to the pixel size of the image. If ANYONE has ANY input on this, please help!!! I'm completely buffaloed.  Smiley Embarassed  Thanx.

Ed