Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title block and tables - how do you split a cell??

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey all,

I have a table in a drawing and want to split a cell into smaller cells. Is this possible?

I don't want to make all kinds of rows and columns and then delete only the ones needed. I cannot find an operator or tutorial on this. This should be ridicously easy....

Thanks a lot!

Peter

5 REPLIES

Re: Title block and tables - how do you split a cell??

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I think you need to go the other way: start with more rows/columns than you need and merge cells as desired.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks, I don't want to do that though....silly NX. Just split the already perfectly sized and located cell.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

As cowski said, you can't split a cell. However it's a kludge, but you could create a new table and place that over the existing one give the impression of a split cell.

When you make it part of the title block, then no one would know any different.

I've found in my experience, it's easier to make a titleblock from multiple tables, rather than try and make one fit what you want.

In your other thread, I posted a link to videos about templates and one of the videos covers titleblocks.

Anthony Galante, Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM
24 versions of NX installed: NX4 to NX12, plus TC11.2

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If you look at the NX help files covering the creation of a Title Block you will see that we assumed all along that you would use several Tabular Notes (AKA tables), sized as desired, and placed together to form a title block object.  In fact, the function to actually create a smart title block assumes that that is exactly what you've done.  In the user doc's you can find this at..

Home > CAD > Drafting > Setting up and creating drawings > Define Title Block

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Awesome, great answers. I like the use of multipe tabular notes(tables) and will test that out. I will check out the videos. Unfortunately, we don't have the help files installed for NX10. But I did look in the Student Guide Drafting Essentials and found nothing. I have told our NX rep that NX help on the net is hard to file (user tutories, vids, etc unlike PTC and Solidworks). BUT....this forum has been helpful.

Thanks all!