Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title block attribute link master model Teamcenter not updating

Creator
Creator

I have an issue where I need to save 2 times in order to show the proper attribute value in my title block of a master model drawing.

This leads to errors for inattentive users.

Set up:

Item Revision

property: treatment

- model (UGMASTER)

attribute: treatment  (mapped to ItemRevision.mg4_treatment  master=both)

- drawing (UGPART)

attribute: treatment  (mapped to ItemRevision.mg4_treatment  master=iman)

Situation:

In NX I have my drawing as displayed part.

In assembly navigator:

drawing (specification UGPART)

-  model (UGMASTER)

I edit the treatment part attribute of my UGMASTER model.

Item Revision treatment = old value

model treatment = new value

drawing treatment = old value

1st Save:

The attribute value is sent to Teamcenter

Title block of UGPART stills shows old value and drawing is stored with wrong value

Item Revision treatment = new value

drawing treatment = old value

2nd Save:

The attribute appears in title block and drawing is stored properly

Item Revision treatment = new value

drawing treatment = new value

How can I change the set up so that the new value appears in the tilte block of the drawing and is stored after just 1 save?

I tried mapping the UGPART attribute, making both NX and TC master. So that I can edit the attribute directly in the drawing, but it still is locked in NX.

- drawing (UGPART)

attribute: treatment  (mapped to ItemRevision.mg4_treatment  master=both)

As I understand performing a Save works top down in the assembly tree. Correct? If it would save the model first and then the drawing, this issue can be resolved, but I don't know if the saving routine can be adjusted.

NX 11.0.2.7 MP5

Teamcenter 10 (10.1.6(20160315.00)) 64-bit

4 REPLIES

Re: Title block attribute link master model Teamcenter not updating

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

if you working master model it's a good thing to use the following prefix in a drafting

DB_DWG_TEMPLATE_(your attribute) this will automatically take the attribute from the master.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.2/nx_help/#uid:xid461527

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have discovered the following relative to this thread. NXcan reference attributes that are driven by the DB_DWG_TEMPLATE_ prefix in a standard note or text. NX converts it to something like <WRef1*0@ATTRIBUTE> where the actual attribute reads DB_DWG_TEMPLATE_ATTRIBUTE. NX does not seem to pick up that same attribute in a tabulated note, therefore not in an NX Title Block (which is created from a tabular note). Interestingly enough, NX does pick up regular attributes that actually live inside the drawing template part.

So my new question to all of you NX Geniuses out here, is there a different call other than DB_DWG_TEMPLATE that can be used to reference an attribute value from the master model AND be used in a tabular note?????? Or is there something that can help further, like attribute templates?

Otherwise, I am going to abandon using the Title Block function and only keep the zones and borders. everything else will be lines and text. It is a shame because it really cut down on object count for the formats.

Thanks again,

Richard Andrew

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I'm not aware of any.  We use the DB_DWG_TEMPLATE_ prefix to populate the material, and weight from the model, to the drawing title block.  (NX 11.0.2 and Tc 11)

That said, it doesn't always work, occasionally it gets disconnected, due to some glitch in the NX/Tc matrix.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

@RAndrew wrote:

NX converts it to something like <WRef1*0@ATTRIBUTE> where the actual attribute reads DB_DWG_TEMPLATE_ATTRIBUTE. NX does not seem to pick up that same attribute in a tabulated note, therefore not in an NX Title Block (which is created from a tabular note).

... is there a different call other than DB_DWG_TEMPLATE that can be used to reference an attribute value from the master model AND be used in a tabular note?????? Or is there something that can help further, like attribute templates?

I couldn't tell if you're trying to use the <WRef1*0@ATTRIBUTE> syntax or not, but you shouldn't.  Other than that, the functionality you've described should be working for you.  Your master model contains the part attributes, the drawing uses DB_DWG_TEMPLATE to reference those attributes and then you enter the DB_DWG_TEMPLATE attribute wherever you want your text field to show the attribute's value.  This is the recommended workflow.  It's odd that you mention attribute templates as something that can help further as this functionality is defined using Attribute Templates.  Maybe you were referring to the Catalog functionality, but I don't think that will operate any differently for you.

You don't mention an NX version, so it could be that you're using an older version where the functionality was in its infancy and had a few teething issues. Please consider giving GTAC a call before you completely reject attribute templates, just to make certain that you're setting everything up correctly.