cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title block attributes

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

Trying to set up our companies drawing templates. Now to link properties and populate the title block I've seen videos that have hidden cells.

2017-01-09 14_55_08-NX 11 - Drafting - [A3.prt].jpg

In the above picture I've added the red rectangles to indicate the hidden cells used for populating the title block more easily. 

My question is: I'm using tabular note for title block definition. To get the shape and form that I require I'll have to merge cells. After merging these cells become 1 big cell. Once it has become 1 big cell, I can't make a link in the populate titleblock window anymore, because there's already text (i.e.: DRAWN BYSmiley Happy

How do I keep, or create, the hidden cells. So it looks like there's more than 1 line of text in a title block cell.

Edit:

Video that showcases what I mean: 

https://vimeo.com/101692825 (about 8:30 minutes in)

Is there perhaps a video that also shows how the title block itself is created? So not just the attributes.

5 REPLIES

Re: Title block attributes

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Don't merge the cells. Turn off the top "border" of the red cell so that it appears to be one cell, but is actually 2 separate cells.

Pioneer
Pioneer

If I'm editing the cell, and look at the cell border section.. regardless of which border I choose. It'll stay visible in whole. Assuming this is what you meant:   

2017-01-09 15_30_14-NX 11 - Drafting - [A3.prt (Modified) ].jpg

Or is that not the correct way to do it?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Using your example above, select the "drawn by" cell and set the bottom border to invisible; then select the input cell and set the top border to invisible.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I am the creator of the video you referred to. When I create title blocks, I avoid using one table when there are different sized fields. I create a series of tables that are placed to together to give the impression of one large title block.

Otherwise, Cowski's suggestion will work for what you are after.

Anthony Galante - Senior Support Engineer - PhoenxPLM (Australia & New Zealand Siemens Solutions Partner)
http://www.phoenxplm.com.au/email/2014_signature/signature_videoCenter.jpg

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for the replies. I've created seperate tables, so they come together as one title block.