Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer drafting settings to other users

Pioneer
Pioneer

We are using NX10.0 and I have just setup all the settings on my pc for the customer defaults and also the drafting settings.

Ho can I make sure that all other users at work get the same settings?

7 REPLIES

Re: Transfer drafting settings to other users

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Customer defaults can be exported and imported using Manage Current Settings (Eye icon located at upper right corner of customer defaults window)

customer_defaults.PNG

Regards,
Ganesh

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Create the environment variable UGII_SITE_DIR on every system and point them to the same folder.
After this you see in the customer defaults that there is a site level.
Export your user settings and drafting settings and import them in the site level.

You can also create a startup script that creates the variables When starting. Here you can also set all your custom variables.
Place the script on every system and every one is looking to the same custom NX environment.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Pioneer
Pioneer

How do you export drafting settings that are in the drafting preferences?

Solution Partner Phenom
You can't export the drafting preferences.

In the customer default you have also drafting standards that you can create and also import and export.

after setting the settings in you customer default you can go to the drafting preferences and inherit from the the customer defaults.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Did you mean Drafting Standard? ie you created your own Drafting Standard and you want to make that available to all your users?

Solution Partner Phenom

if you are in the customer defaults then you can export 2 kind of settings.

1. customer defaults
  2. Drafting standards

in the dialog of the drafting standard you can do a save as.

this will save the drafting standards to your NX user folder located in appdata/local/siemens/NX(version)

If you have the drafting standard file that you created you can import that one in that of the other users.

Or like i mentioned before you can set the UGII_SITE_DIR and save all the company defaults & drafting standars on the site level en then it will always be available for all the users. (if there is also the UGII_SITE_DIR been set)

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

If you want to share NX settings between users, I suggest you download the "NXCustom" setup (see the "NX Customization & Programming" forum here, in the "NXCustom utilities" thread pinned to the top of the list)

Download the version that corresponds to your NX version, un-compress it, and read the "readme.txt" at the top level.

This shows a pretty complete setup that works in both Native & Teamcenter environments.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled